It’s true van life and living in a mobile home like a campervan or RV have all become increasingly popular for those seeking financial freedom, adventure, excitement, and a more nomadic lifestyle. But while the allure of the open road is undeniable, there’s always the question of how you make small-space living work - especially when it comes to the bathroom situation. Since we’re the experts in composting toilets, teaching you how to secure your Cuddy in your van or mobile home will help you tick one problem off the list!
In this article, we will look at vanlife, discover how to secure Cuddy in your van easily, and, of course, the benefits of having a secure composting toilet while on the road.
What is Vanlife?
Whether you're converting a van or school bus, cruising in an RV, chilling in a campervan, or boondocking in a mobile home, the essence of vanlife remains the same: the pursuit of freedom and the love for adventure.
However, living in a small, mobile space presents unique challenges. Much like living on a boat (another type of mobile home!), you must ensure everything stays in place. This is especially important when tackling bumpy roads since no one wants anything to spill or topple over!
One essential component of living comfortably – and happily – in a van is a modern and easy-to-manage toilet. This is where Cuddy, the composting toilet, comes in! This eco-friendly toilet option is perfect for living off the grid and on the road since Cuddy requires no water, minimal maintenance, and is odor-free!
How to secure your Cuddy in your van
Watch the video, or continue reading to get started.
Prefer written instructions? Here’s how to secure Cuddy the composting toilet in your van, campervan, RV, or other small space.
In the video, CompoCloset cofounder Richard shows a quick and straightforward way to secure Cuddy in your van. Richard demonstrates how to anchor the composting toilet using just three screw holes in the base. This method is easy, efficient and ensures your composting toilet remains in place, no matter where your adventures take you.
The process is as simple as follows:
- Screw hole placement - The base of Cuddy features three screw holes. These holes are strategically placed to provide stability for your composting toilet during transit. The fact that Cuddy’s liquids bottle and the solid bin are removable makes the installation process even easier.
- Screw it down - Once you've identified the correct placement for your composting toilet, it's time to secure Cuddy. With a simple twist, you can screw the entire chassis down, ensuring it stays in place no matter how bumpy the ride.
- Peace of mind - After securing Cuddy in place, you can rest easy, knowing that your composting toilet won't move an inch, even when navigating winding roads or heading off the beaten path.
Your vanlife experience just got a whole lot more comfortable and hassle-free!
Benefits of a secure composting toilet
- Enhanced comfort - A wobbling toilet can be a major inconvenience during your travels. A secure composting toilet ensures your comfort and peace of mind.
- Easy maintenance - Properly securing Cuddy simplifies maintenance tasks, ensuring your composting toilet functions smoothly and efficiently.
- Safety - When it comes to your Cuddy, safety is paramount. A secure setup prevents accidents, spillage, and damage to your living space.
- Freedom to roam - With a securely anchored composting toilet, you can confidently explore even the most rugged terrains without worrying about Cuddy’s stability.
Congratulations, you have secured your Cuddy in your van!
Living the vanlife or mobile home dream is an exciting adventure, but it requires thoughtful solutions to make life on the road comfortable and convenient. It goes without saying, but properly securing your composting toilet in your van, campervan, or RV offers several advantages for those embracing the nomadic lifestyle.
As you saw in the video and written in this guide, securing Cuddy is an easy, practical, and straightforward process that gives you peace of mind as you travel. So, whether you're a seasoned traveler or just starting your vanlife journey, take the time to secure your Cuddy, and you'll be well-prepared for your next ad-van-ture.